- CE CREDITS: 1.0
- EDUCATIONAL METHOD: Lecture, Self Instructional
- LOCATION: Online
- ORIGINAL RELEASE DATE: February 26, 2021
- LAST REVIEW DATE: March 7, 2022
- EXPIRATION DATE: January 31, 2024
Do you see patients that have jaw pain, headaches, limited openings, jaw clicking/popping, pain when chewing, and you are not certain what to do to help them? This course is for you. The temporomandibular joint is one of the most complex and least understood joints in the human body. It is also the most used joint in our body and affects a person’s ability to speak, eat, swallow, and have facial appropriate expressions. Approximately 12-15% of the general population suffers from TMJ dysfunction. This course will help you better understand the differences between a normal healthy joint and one with dysfunction/disease. This course will also help you determine the best steps to helping these patients feel better.
After completing this course, learners should be able to:
- Have an understanding of basic TMJ Anatomy
- Have an understanding of basic TMJ Pathology
- Know how to complete a 2 Minute TMJ Exam for patients clinically
- Know what to do next if they diagnose or suspect a patient has TMJD/TMD
Please email info@TheCameronInstitute.com or call/text +1-423-794-6775. If you wish to be in contact with the course author/creator(s) with any questions or for clarification of course concepts or for technical assistance in completing the online test.